Pesto Veggie Pizza is truly addicting. I think this is my absolute favorite pizza. I love the pesto sauce topped with delicious vegetables. You can change up the toppings to what you like.
If you don’t have time to make pizza dough the local grocery usually has some in the freezer section. I remove the dough from the freezer in the morning and let it rest on the counter all day. Another option is to go to your local pizza shop and see if they will sell you only the dough. Most places will for about $2.00.
If you have time to make homemade pizza dough try Ree Drummond’s Pizza Dough.
Cost Per Serving $4.28 as of April 2022
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $17.11.
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $11.98.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.00.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Oven Baked & Stove Top
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of the pizza
Equipment needed: 1 pizza pan/stone/sheet pan and 1 sauté pan
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $5.13 as of April 2022
corn meal $2.36
olive oil 17 fl oz $2.77
Total: $11.98 as of April 2022
1 green pepper $0.78
1 zucchini $0.81
1 bulb garlic $0.48
1 onion $0.62
1 jar pesto 6 oz $2.84
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese $1.98
1 parmesan romano cheese $1.98
1 ready to bake pizza dough $2.49
ready to bake pizza dough
corn meal about ⅛ cup
½ cup pesto
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt – about ½ teaspoon give or take
pepper about ¼ teaspoon give or take
3 garlic cloves pealed
1 green pepper, chopped ½ inch
1 zucchini, sliced ¼ inch
onion, chopped ½ inch
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, more if needed
- Set your dough on the counter to rest
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Sauté peppers, onions, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until onions are crisp tender. This will take about 4-5 minutes. Add the zucchini for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Remove garlic and throw away or you can chop and add to the pizza. Let mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to dough instructions
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of cornmeal to the bottom of the pizza pan
- Sprinkle a little flour on the counter and shape dough using your fingers. I start from the center and keeping working to the edges while spinning the dough.
- Once dough is shaped add it to your pizza pan or paddle then dress the dough evenly with:
- 1/2 cup of pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Bake as directed. Lift the bottom of the pizza to check to see if it is cooked. The bottom should be brown and crisp.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes then slice and enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 1