Tomato, Spinach and Butter Beans is a fast and filling vegetarian dish. Butter beans are large and nutrient packed. This recipe is the first time I have ever tired them and I was super happy I did.
I originally found this recipe in my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2016 Annual Recipes Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving $3.60 as of October 2022
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $14.40.
If you have a stocked pantry this dish will cost about $9.74.
- Cost per serving reduces to $2.44.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving Size: About 1 1/4 cup tomato mixture and 2 oz pasta
Equipment needed: 1 pot for pasta and 1 sauté pan
Total time: 20 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save $3.88.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.88 as of October 2022
Italian seasoning $1.00
olive oil $2.88
Total: $10.52 as of October 2022
1 onion $0.78
1 bulb garlic $0.54
1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz $1.36
1 can butter beans $1.16
6 oz fresh spinach $2.98
1 box medium shell pasta 16 oz $0.92
1 tub grated parmesan cheese $2.78
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 can petite diced tomato 28 oz|
|butter beans 16 oz|
|6 ounces fresh spinach|
|1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|8 oz shell pasta|
|1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Cook 8 oz pasta to package directions.
- In a sauté pan heat oil over medium heat then add onion for 4 – 5 minutes until tender.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Butter beans
- 6 cups of spinach (6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook 2 – 4 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Serve tomato bean mixture over pasta with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $45 – Menu 3