This is the perfect side salad to any meal especially Italian meals. I like this salad because it is simple and quick to throw together. You can experiment with it by trying several different vinaigrette variations.
Slicing and Dicing
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $14.41 as of December 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $6.92.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Equipment needed: bowls
Total time: 10 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry there will be a savings of about $7.49.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $7.49 as of December 2022
olive oil $2.88
red wine vinegar $1.94
1/2 garlic clove $0.67
dried basil $1.00
dried oregano $1.00
Total: $6.92 as of December 2022
3 medium tomatoes $1.98
1 cucumber $0.72
1 jar kalamata olives $3.34
4 green onions $0.88
|1/2 cup kalamata olives|
|4 green onions|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|1.5 tablespoon red wine vinegar|
|1/2 clove garlic|
|1/8 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/8 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- In a medium bowl add:
- Chopped tomatoes (bite size pieces)
- Chopped cucumber (bite size pieces)
- Kalamata olives sliced in half length wise
- Thinly sliced green onion (white and greens)
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Add dressing over the top and mix to combine. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 7 – Family of 4