Tortellini Primavera is a very decadent cheat on your diet meal. It is still lighter than other versions of this same dish but very rich. I love the cheesy creaminess of the sauce.
For a special occasion I will make parmesan encrusted chicken and serve 1/2 cup pasta on the side. I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Light and Tasty 2008 Annual Recipes Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving $4.86
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $24.31.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $17.49.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.50.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 5
Serving size: 1 and 1/4 cup
Equipment needed: 1 large pot for pasta and 1 deep sauté pan.
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save about 6.82.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $6.82 as of October 2022
italian seasoning $1.00
red pepper flakes $1.34
Total: $17.49 as of October 2022
tortellini cheese 19 oz $5.99
fresh mushrooms 8 oz $1.98
1 onion $0.78
1 garlic bulb $0.54
1/2 gallon milk $1.67
1 package cream cheese 8 oz $1.68
frozen chopped spinach 10 oz $1.06
1 tomato $0.91
shredded parmesan cheese $2.88
|1 package cheese tortellini 19 ounces|
|8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 small onion|
|1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 garlic cloves|
|2 teaspoon butter|
|2/3 cup milk|
|1 package fat free cream cheese 8 ounces|
|5 oz frozen chopped spinach (THAWED)|
|1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 large tomato chopped|
|1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- Bring water to a boil for pasta
- Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a 12″ pan.
- Add to the pan:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté the mushrooms and onion until soft.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook to package directions.
- Add the garlic and spinach to the onions and mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Then add to the mushrooms and onions while stirring:
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Using a spaghetti strainer add the tortellini into the sauce.
- Sprinkle tortellini with 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese and fresh tomato. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 4