I like to serve this dish with a salad. If it is for a special occasion then I will make a parmesan encrusted chicken and serve 1/2 cup pasta on the side.
I first found this recipe in my Taste of Home cook book but you can also find it online.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $24.31 as of October 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $17.49.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 5
Serving size: 1 and 1/4 cup
Equipment needed: 1 large pot for pasta and 1 deep sauté pan.
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save about 6.82.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $6.82 as of October 2022
italian seasoning $1.00
red pepper flakes $1.34
Total: $17.49 as of October 2022
tortellini cheese 19 oz $5.99
fresh mushrooms 8 oz $1.98
1 onion $0.78
1 garlic bulb $0.54
1/2 gallon milk $1.67
1 package cream cheese 8 oz $1.68
frozen chopped spinach 10 oz $1.06
1 tomato $0.91
shredded parmesan cheese $2.88
|1 package cheese tortellini 19 ounces|
|8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 small onion|
|2 garlic cloves|
|2 teaspoon butter|
|2/3 cup milk|
|1 package fat free cream cheese 8 ounces|
|5 oz frozen chopped spinach (THAWED)|
|1 teaspoon italian seasoning|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 large tomato chopped|
|1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese|
- Bring water to a boil and cook tortellini to package directions.
- While water is being brought to a boil sauté the mushrooms and onion in 2 teaspoons of butter.
- Once the onions are soft add the garlic for 1 minute.
- Then add while stirring:
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add the tortellini to the sauce along with the tomato. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 4 – Family of 2