Mushroom, Green Pepper, Onion and Black Olive Pizza is a wonderful addition to pizza night. I love making different pizza combinations. We often use pizza night as a meat free dinner.
If you don’t have time to make pizza dough the local grocery usually has some in the freezer section. I remove the dough from the freezer in the morning and let it rest on the counter all day. Another option is to go to your local pizza shop and see if they will sell you only the dough. Most places will for about $2.00.
If you have time to make pizza dough try out Ree Drummond’s Pizza Dough.
Cost per serving $4.21 as of May 2022
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.85.
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $10.74.
- Cost per serving is reduced to $2.66.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of the pizza
Equipment needed: 1 pizza pan/stone/sheet pan, 1 sauce pan and 1 sauté pan
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry there will be a savings of about $6.11.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $6.11 as of May 2022
corn meal $2.36
Italian seasoning $0.98
olive oil 17 fl oz $2.77
Total: $10.74 as of May 2022
1 green pepper $0.78
1 fresh mushrooms 8 oz $1.98
1 bulb garlic $0.48
1 onion $0.62
1 can black olives 2.25 oz $1.38
1 can crushed tomato 15 oz $0.79
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese 8 oz $2.22
1 ready to bake pizza dough $2.49
|crushed tomato 15 oz|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|8 oz mushrooms|
|1 green pepper, sliced|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|1.5 tablespoons olive oil|
|2.25 oz black olives, sliced|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese|
|1 pizza dough|
|1 tablespoon corn meal|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- Set your dough on the counter to rest following the package directions.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the sauce pan with smashed garlic. Heat the pan and cook the garlic until it is just golden brown 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Cook on medium low for 10 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Sauté peppers, onions, mushroom, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper until onions are crisp tender. This will take about 4-6 minutes then remove from heat.
- Remove the garlic from the sauce and chop. Leave on the cutting board
- Preheat oven to dough instructions
- Spread cornmeal to the bottom of the pizza pan then shape dough using your fingers. I start from the center and keeping working to the edges while spinning the dough.
- Once dough is shaped add evenly over dough:
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- chopped garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- sautéed vegetables
- black olives
- Bake as directed. Lift the bottom of the pizza to check to see if it is cooked. The bottom should be brown and crisp.
- Let the pizza rest for 5 minutes then slice and enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 8