When time is short and I want something fast I usually pan fry a piece of chicken. You can put any seasonings you like. I tend to season the chicken to match the sides I am making.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $11.96 as of November 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $8.02.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 4 ounces of chicken
Equipment needed: 1 frying pan (I prefer cast iron)
Total time: 8 – 12 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry there will be a savings of about $3.88.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.88 as of November 2022
lemon pepper seasoning $1.00
olive oil $2.88
Total: $8.08 as of November 2022
1 pound chicken breasts $8.02
|1 teaspoon lemon pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 pound chicken breasts|
- Heat pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil if you are cooking with cast iron.
- If you are cooking with nonstick then only use 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook chicken 4-6 minutes per side depending on thickness and chicken is 165° F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 6 – Family of 4