I really like the taste of apricot preserves on chicken and pork. It is summer so I have been doing the majority of our cooking outside to avoid heating up the house. Cast iron cookware removes the limitations when it comes to outdoor cooking.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $13.16 as of August 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $12.04.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 4 oz chicken
Equipment needed: 1 grill and cast iron skillet
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There will be a savings of about $1.12 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $1.12 as of August 2022
honey mustard $1.12
Total: $12.04 as of August 2022
1 - pound chicken breasts $9.05
1 - jar apricot preserves $2.32
1 - can chicken broth $0.67
|4 boneless chicken breast|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|3/4 cup apricot preserves|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon honey mustard|
- Heat grill to 350° F
- Place chicken breasts on direct heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to cast iron skillet turning the chicken over on both sides to make sure it is coated in the apricot mixture.
- Place cast iron skillet on grill for 15 minutes.
- Using a instant read thermometer check to see if chicken is 165° F if it is not continue to cook until this temperature is reached.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place it on individual plates. Spoon some sauce over each piece of chicken. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 2 – Family of 2