Grilled Apricot Chicken Breasts are sweet from the apricot preserves and tangy from the mustard. In the summer I do the majority of our cooking outside to avoid heating up the house. Cast iron cookware allows me to cook anything I would have made inside outside.
Cost Per Serving $3.29 as of August 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $13.16.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $12.04.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.01.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 4 oz chicken
Equipment needed: 1 grill and cast iron skillet
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There will be a savings of about $1.12 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $1.12 as of August 2022
honey mustard $1.12
Total: $12.04 as of August 2022
1 - pound chicken breasts $9.05
1 - jar apricot preserves $2.32
1 - can chicken broth $0.67
|4 boneless chicken breast|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|3/4 cup apricot preserves|
|1/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon honey mustard|
- Complete prep from prep tab above
- Heat grill to 350° F
- Place chicken breasts on direct heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer chicken to cast iron skillet turning the chicken over on both sides to make sure it is coated in the apricot mixture.
- Place cast iron skillet on grill for 15 minutes.
- Using a instant read thermometer check to see if chicken is 165° F if it is not continue to cook until this temperature is reached.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place it on individual plates. Spoon some sauce over each piece of chicken. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 2
Starch such as potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.
Vegetables such as green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, acorn squash etc.