Teriyaki Chicken thighs and Roasted Frozen Vegetables is SUPER easy and is ready in no time. We had some leftover chicken thighs and wanted to come up with a budget friendly meal. This recipe is full of flavor and will fill up your family.
Cost Per Serving $3.48 as of July 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $13.90.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $11.02.
- Cost per serving reduces to $2.76.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup rice and 1/4 of the vegetables.
Equipment needed: Sheet Pan and Rice Cooker or Pot for Rice
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There will be a savings of about $2.88 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $2.88 as of July 2022
olive oil $2.88
Total: $11.02 as of July 2022
1 - package chicken thighs $5.13
1 - teriyaki sauce $2.78
1 - package long grain rice $0.78
1 - bag frozen vegetables 20 oz $2.33
|1 cup uncooked long grain rice|
|1 bag frozen mixed vegetables 20 oz|
|4 chicken thighs|
|4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 tablespoon olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Cook 1 cup of long grain rice to package instructions.
- Grease sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place chicken in the center of the pan
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce over each chicken thigh. Turn and add 1/2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce over the other side of each chicken thigh.
- Complete the prep in the prep tab above.
- Add frozen vegetables to both sides of the chicken.
- Bake for 10 minutes stir the vegetables
- Bake for additional 10 minutes or until chicken is between 165°F and 180°F.
- Serve with rice and additional teriyaki sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 1