Yogurt Marinated Chicken really captured my taste buds. I have tried to substitute boneless skinless chicken and it is not the same. This recipe is best with split chicken breast or bone in chicken thighs.
I have tried to make this recipe in the oven and it really does not turn out the same at all. I prefer the smokiness flavor from the grill.
I often make extra chicken because it is so good on a salad, in a sandwich or wrap for lunches.
Cost Per Serving $4.41 as of September 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $26.47.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $16.76.
- The cost per serving will be reduced to $2.79.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 4 oz chicken
Equipment needed: 1 grill
Total time: 60 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There will be a savings of about $9.71 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $9.71 as of September 2022
canola oil $3.67
chili powder $1.00
ground cumin $1.28
lemon juice $0.92
Total: $16.76 as of September 2022
6 split chicken breasts (or 4 large) $14.68
4 oz plain yogurt $0.64
1 gingerroot $0.90
1 garlic bulb $0.54
|1/2 cup fat free yogert|
|3 garlic cloves|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|3/4 teaspoon fresh gingerroot|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin|
|6 bone in chicken breast 6 oz each.|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Heat grill to 350° F
- Remove chicken from the marinade placing on a sheet pan.
- Place chicken on indirect heat, bone side down, for 30 minutes (15 minutes for chicken thighs)
- Turn the chicken so meat side is down for 20 minutes on indirect heat (15 minutes for chicken thighs)
- Using a instant read thermometer check to see if chicken is 165° F (175° – 180° for chicken thighs) if it is not continue to cook until this temperature is reached.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let chicken rest for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 3