If you don’t like spice then instead of hot Italian sausage buy mild. I like a lot of spice so I tend to add red pepper flakes.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $21.85 as of August 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $13.99.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: About 1 cup
Equipment needed: 1 deep skillet and prep bowls
Total time: 20~30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. A fully stocked pantry will give you a savings of about $7.86.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $7.86 as of August 2022
olive oil $2.88
dried oregano $1.00
dried basil $1.00
balsamic vinegar $2.98
Total: $13.99 as of August 2022
garlic bulb $0.54
2 medium zucchini $1.48
1 onion $0.60
1 yellow peppers $1.38
1 package hot Italian links $6.49
banana peppers $1.84
1 can black beans 15 oz $0.78
1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz $0.88
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 package hot Italian turkey links|
|2 medium zucchini|
|1 medium onion|
|1/4 cup banana peppers|
|1 yellow pepper|
|3 garlic cloves|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 can black beans 15 oz|
|1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep pan.
- Add the turkey sausage and the bowl of vegetables to the pan breaking the turkey into small pieces. Cook until the turkey is cooked through. This takes about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add and cook for 3 -5 minutes:
- black beans
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Spoon into 6 equal servings. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 2 – Family of 2