Turkey Tetrazzini feeds a lot of people made with leftover turkey. It is an old fashioned recipe that I am happy to keep in my recipe book. It is fantastic with roasted vegetables such as carrots, parsnips, onions, peppers, etc.
I first found this recipe in my Taste of Home Light and Tasty 2011 Annual Recipe Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving is about $3.14 as of September 2023
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $37.73.
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $22.27.
- Cost per serving is reduced to about $1.86.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 12
Serving size: 1 ~ 1/3 cups
Equipment needed: Sauté Pan, Pasta Pot and 9×13 baking pan
Total time: 45 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $15.46 as of September 2023
bay leaves $3.49
olive oil $5.49
Total: $22.27 as of September 2023
1 garlic bulb $0.67
1 onion $0.90
1 pound fresh mushrooms $2.29
1 bunch fresh parsley $0.99
1 package fresh thyme $2.49
1 lemon $0.79
Turkey Leftovers $0.00
1 bag egg noodles $2.29
1 box chicken broth $1.49
1 small carton eggs $1.19
1/2 gallon milk $1.89
parmesan cheese $3.29
1 loaf fresh bread $3.99
|6 cups egg noodles|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 pound sliced mushrooms|
|1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh thyme|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 teaspoon lemon peel|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 cup milk|
|4 cups cooked turkey, chopped|
|1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|1 loaf, fresh bread|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and and cook pasta to package directions.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to a Sauté pan.
- Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper for 2 minutes then add the mushroom herb mixture.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft then add garlic for 1 minute.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add mushroom mixture to a mixing bowl then stir in lemon peel and 4 cups of cooked turkey.
- Dain the pasta noodles; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the pasta pot melt 4 tablespoons of butter then add 2 tablespoons of flour while mixing. Cook until the flour is brown (about 2 minutes).
- Continue stirring while slowly adding 2 cups of broth. Then bring broth to boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk mixture and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Remove the mixture from heat.
- Stir in egg noodles as well as the mushroom and turkey mixture.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and spoon in the noodle mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the noodle mixture with bread crumbs and cheese then bake uncovered for 25 minutes until brown. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Winning Recipes for Turkey Leftovers