Andrew has never been a huge fan of pork unless it is bacon. It is hard to find recipes that he will like and not just tolerate for one evening. I can’t eat chicken and beef every night of the week so I try different pork recipes every once in awhile and this is a true “winner”.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook but it is also available online.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $24.24 as of May 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $12.14.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 3 ounces of pork and 2 tablespoons of sauce
Equipment needed: 1 fry pan and a sauce pan
Total time: 25 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry there will be a savings of about $12.10.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $12.10 as of May 2022
ground allspice $2.99
chili powder $0.98
ground cinnamon $1.18
dark sugar $1.62
olive oil $2.77
soy sauce $1.58
white vinegar $0.98
Total: $12.14 as of May 2022
1 pound pork tenderloin $7.17
3 small bourbon 50ml $4.47
1 - garlic bulb $0.50
½ cup bourbon or chicken broth
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 12 slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Bring the sauce to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Boil the sauce until it is reduced by half.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the sauté pan over medium heat. Cook pork in 2 batches for 2 – 4 minutes per side.
- If the pan needs more oil for the second batch add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- The pork will temp 145° when cooked.
- Serve the pork with the sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 8 – Family of 2