I only put BBQ sauce on the meat that is for the meal or if I want BBQ sauced meat for leftovers. If I am not feeding a large crowd, I will often set some of the meat aside to make a pasta sauce, soup, hash, etc.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $14.65 as of November 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $10.68.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 12
Serving size: 4 ounces
Equipment needed: crock-pot
Total time: 8 – 10 hours
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
There is about a $3.97 savings for a well stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.97 as of November 2022
garlic powder $1.00
onion powder $1.00
BBQ Sauce $1.97
Total: $10.68 as of November 2022
1 pork shoulder $10.68
|1 pork shoulder (3 to 4 pounds)|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|Between 1 and 2 cups BBQ Sauce|
In the morning:
- Add 1.5 cups of water and roast to the crock pot.
- Turn on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
In the evening:
- Place the meat on a serving platter and shred the pork removing the fat.
- Add your desired amount of BBQ sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 6 – Family of 4