I really enjoy coleslaw and prepare it multiple ways. It is a great side for many dishes especially in the summer months. I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook and it can also be found online.
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.32 as of September 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $4.68.
I do not include salt and pepper in the cost of this recipe.
Recipe serves: 7
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Equipment needed: 2 mixing bowls
Total time: 15 minutes
I like mixing ingredients in glass bowls. I especially like that these ones come with a lid because you never know when you need to cover something quickly.
I’ve used these Tupperware bowls for years and LOVE them. I’m not sure why they are not rated that high on Amazon but they are the perfect size and the lid fits super snug so I feel comfortable traveling with my favorite pot luck dishes in the car.
Let's grocery shop!
I do not include salt and pepper because I assume it is already in your pantry. If you have a fully stocked pantry you will save about $11.64.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $11.64 as of September 2022
seasoned salt $1.94
celery salt $1.94
ground mustard $1.94
Total: $4.68 as of September 2022
28 oz coleslaw $3.52
8 oz sour cream $1.16
|28 oz coleslaw mix|
|3/4 cup mayo|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
|1/8 cup sugar|
|3/4 teaspoon seasoned slat|
|1/2 teaspoon ground mustard|
|1/4 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground pepper|
- In a large bowl with a tight fitting lid add the bag of coleslaw.
- Add 1/2 the dressing then stir
- Add more dressing a little at a time until the coleslaw becomes moist but not drenched.
- If you have extra dressing leftover place in a small container and refrigerate.
- Refrigerate the coleslaw for 1 hour before serving.
- You may or may not need to add more dressing depending on how lightly you dressed the coleslaw.
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 3 – Family of 4