Irresistible Lemon Coleslaw is calling all lemon lovers to the table. This is one of those recipes that I wish I had written down from my grandmother. I loved her coleslaw. I have been trying to recreate her recipe for years and this is the closest I have come.
Cost Per Serving $2.58 as of May 2022
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $10.32.
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $2.41.
- Cost per serving reduces to $0.60.
I do not include salt and pepper in the cost of this recipe.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Equipment needed: 2 mixing bowls
Total time: 15 minutes
I like mixing ingredients in glass bowls. I especially like that these ones come with a lid because you never know when you need to cover something quickly.
I’ve used these Tupperware bowls for years and LOVE them. I’m not sure why they are not rated that high on Amazon but they are the perfect size and the lid fits super snug so I feel comfortable traveling with my favorite pot luck dishes in the car.
Let's grocery shop!
I do not include salt and pepper because I assume it is already in your pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $7.91 as of June 2022
white vinegar $1.16
celery seed $1.94
Total: $2.41 as of June 2022
1 - lemon $0.63
16 oz coleslaw mix $1.78
|1/2 cup mayo|
|1 tables spoon white vinegar|
|1 teaspoon lemon zest|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 teaspoon celery seed|
|14 ounces coleslaw mix|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- In a large bowl with a tight fitting lid add the bag of coleslaw.
- Add 1/2 the dressing then stir
- Add more dressing a little at a time until the coleslaw becomes moist but not drenched.
- If you have extra dressing leftover place in a small container and refrigerate.
- If you don’t need it for the coleslaw then you can use it for sandwiches.
- Refrigerate the coleslaw for 1 hour before serving.
- You may or may not need to add more dressing depending on how lightly you dressed the coleslaw.
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 1