I am not a huge fan of fish but I have been trying to like it for years. The parmesan, mayo and lemon juice make the perfect topping for a mild fish. If you are not a huge fan of fish like me, try this recipe to see if it will change your mind. I first found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook and you can also find it online.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $23.93 as of September 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this dish will cost you about $14.09.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 4 oz fish
Equipment needed: Sheet Pan
Total time: 15 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save about $9.84.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $9.84 as of September 2022
dried basil $1.00
garlic powder $1.00
onion powder $1.00
Total: $14.09 as of September 2022
parmesan cheese $3.68
1 lime $0.44
16 oz cod $9.97
|1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons mayo|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/8 teaspoon black pepper|
|dash onion powder|
|4 cod fish fillets (4 oz each); You can substitute cod with any mild fish|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Line the baking sheet with tin foil.
- Place the fish on the pan; broil 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness.
- Remove the fish and spread each fillet with 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese mixture.
- Broil for 1 to 2 minutes and the fish flakes easily. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 3 – Family of 2