This dish is a quick dinner that is perfect for a weeknight meal. Meat is getting expensive so I bought a kitchen scale so I can get the correct weight for the meat. Depending how much tenderloin is remaining I will save it for soup or another meal.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook but it is also available online.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $22.90 as of September 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $7.75.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 3 ounces of pork
Equipment needed: 1 fry pan and a sauce pan
Total time: 25 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry you will save about $15.15.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $15.15 as of September 2022
sesame oil $1.72
cooking sherry $3.14
soy sauce $1.58
brown sugar $1.70
hoisin sauce $3.67
cayenne pepper $3.34
Total: $7.75 as of September 2022
1 pound pork tenderloin $6.39
1 garlic clove $0.54
long grain rice $0.82
|1 pork tenderloin 1 pound|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon sesame oil|
|1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 tablespon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon hoisin sauce|
|1 garlic clove|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 cups cooked rice|
- Cook 1 cup of rice to package directions.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil in a skillet. Sauté half of the pork until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil to the skillet and sauté remainder pork until no longer pink. Remove and place with other pork to keep warm.
- Add the sauce to the pan; stir for 3 – 4 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the pork and serve with rice. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 3 – Family of 2