I really enjoy making different sauces and putting them over pork. I find pork is too bland without something zazzing it up a little.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook but it is also available online.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $22.45 as of October 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $18.45.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 pork chop
Equipment needed: 1 fry pan and a sauce pan
Total time: 25 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry you will save about $4.00.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $4.00 as of October 2022
olive oil $2.88
dijon mustard $1.12
Total: $18.45 as of October 2022
1 small onion $0.60
4 shallots $1.00
1 garlic clove $0.54
4 pork chops $5.63
14.5 oz beef broth $0.69
white wine $9.99
**Omit if you don't like cooking with wine
|4 boneless pork loin chops|
|2 teaspoons black pepper|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|4 teaspoons olive oil|
|1 small onion|
|1 cup reduced beef broth|
|1/2 cup white wine/beef broth|
|2 tablespoons dijon mustard|
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sear pork chops on each side for 2 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil and onions to the skillet and brown until tender.
- Add the broth and wine stirring the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 2 – 4 minutes.
- Place the pork chops back in the pan and cover for 8 – 10 minutes until meat reaches 165°.
- Remove the chops and keep warm. Add 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard and boil for 8 – 10 minutes. The sauce will be nice and thick.
- Serve the sauce with the pork. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 4 – Family of 2