I love this recipe. It has the perfect balance between sweet and heat. I love the taste of chardonnay wine and will use that when making this recipe. It is important when you cook with wine to use something you like to drink. This recipe makes a lot and is perfect for a winter gathering.
Cooking with BROTH: If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $30.79 as of September 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $20.51.
Cooking with WINE: If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $40.06 as of September 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $29.78.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 8
Serving size: 3 ounces of pork, 1/2 cup cooked rice, 3/4 cup broccoli
Equipment needed: 1 fry pan, steamer pot and a sauce pan
Total time: 35 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will save you about $10.28.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $10.28 as of September 2022
garlic powder $1.00
olive oil $2.88
onion powder $1.00
dried oregano $1.00
plain bread crumbs $1.12
red pepper flakes $1.34
dried thyme $1.94
Broth Total: $20.51 as of September 2022
Wine Total: $29.78 as of September 2022
2 pounds pork tenderloin $11.71
1/2 dozen eggs $1.20
1 pound broccoli crowns $1.87
apricot preserves $2.20
fresh rosemary $1.98
1 pound rice $0.83
14.5 oz chicken broth $0.72
Do NOT buy broth if using wine
white wine $9.99
Do NOT buy wine if using broth
|2 pork tenderloins (2 pounds)|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1 cup plain bread crumbs|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 tablespoon water|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 cups broccoli florets|
|2/3 cup apricot preserves|
|1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth|
|2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|4 cups cooked brown rice|
- Cook 2 cups of long grain rice to package instructions.
- Dip each side of the pork in the egg mixture then bread crumbs on each side.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place water in the bottom of the steamer basket and bring to boil.
- Add 4 slices of pork and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until temp 145°. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket for 4 minutes until broccoli is tender. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In a sauce pan add the preserve mixture keeping the heat to medium low. Keep stirring until preserves are melted.
- In the mean time: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and add 4 slices of pork and cook for 4 to 6 minutes until temp 145°. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Serve the pork with the sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 3 – Family of 4