Beef and Black Bean Tacos are not made with the traditional salty taco mix. It is made with picante sauce. Sometimes I add 1/4 teaspoon cumin and chili powder. If you have leftovers this recipe makes really good burritos and nacho’s.
Cost Per Serving 2.72 as of October 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.31.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: About 1/2 cup
Equipment needed: 1 deep skillet
Total time: 15 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Total: $16.31 as of October 2022
2 medium onions $1.56
1 head lettuce $1.74
1 tomato $0.88
1 avocado $0.88
1 garlic bulb $0.54
1 pound ground beef $5.57
16 oz pace picante sauce $2.38
1 can black beans $0.78
1 bag flour or corn tortillas $1.98
|1 pound ground beef|
|12 oz Pace picante sauce|
|1 garlic clove|
|1 can black beans|
|1/2 head Lettuce|
|6 flour/corn tortillas|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add:
- 1 pound ground beef
- Cook the beef and onion until the beef is brown and the onion is tender
- Drain the beef and onion
- Add minced garlic for 1 minute
- Add 12 oz pace picante sauce bring to a boil then reduce to simmer for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Warm tortillas either in the microwave or stove top. If you use a stove top be sure to keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 4