Salisbury Steak is wonderful with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. My favorite part of this dish is coving the whole thing in gravy. I love to sop up this gravy with homemade bread.
I first found this recipe in my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2010 Annual Recipe Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving is about $3.59 as of June 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $14.36.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $10.06.
- Cost per serving is reduced to about $2.52.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 burger and 1/4 cup sauce
Equipment needed: 1 deep skillet with lid and 2 mixing bowls
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There will be a savings of about $4.30 for a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $4.30 as of June 2022
canola oil $2.54
flour 5 Ib bag $1.76
Total: $10.06 as of June 2022
1 - onion $0.65
1 - pound ground beef $5.62
1 - onion soup mix $1.68
1 - box saltine crackers $0.98
1/2 dozen eggs $1.13
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 cups water|
|1 envelope onion soup mix|
|2 tablespoons flour|
- Complete the prep from the prep from the above tab
- Heat pan with 1 tablespoon of oil then add patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the patties to a plate then use a paper towel to clean any bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onion soup mixture to the pan and bring to a boil. Return the patties to the pan, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes. The internal temp of the beef will be 165° F. I like to use an instant read thermometer. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 1
Starches such as potatoes and rice