Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 7 will give you ideas or the exact menu and grocery list for this weeks dinners. Substitute different vegetables if you don’t like the ones I’ve selected. Also, if you don’t like some of the spices found in the recipes substitute them for ones you do like.
All recipes are suggestions. I can’t remember the last time I followed a recipe exactly to how it was written. I use what I have to keep cost down. If I don’t have the pasta it calls for I just make one I do have. If I don’t have the type of beans it suggests I use ones I do have.
This strawberry salad is amazing! Once spring is starting I like to eat a little lighter. I prefer to make my own dressings versus buying them because they taste lighter and are way more flavorful.
Dinners for the week - About $68.07
Grocery List - Store brand (Metro Detroit)
Prep the week!
I like to gather my storage containers before I start my prep. I love the look of the table with all of the containers and as I make progress the containers disappear leaving me with a sense of accomplishment and encouragement to keep going. This picture is an example of one of my prep weeks.
Storage containers needed:
I like to use a sticky note or paper with a piece of tape to label my prep containers with the name of the meals.
- 1 cup; red onion (Strawberry Walnut Salad)
- 4 cup; sliced onion, green pepper and red pepper (Black Olive and Bell Pepper Pasta)
- 1 cup; chopped onion (Beef, Beans and Rice)
- ¼ cup; garlic
- 6 cup; cauliflower (Herb Lemon Roasted Cauliflower)
Let's start prepping!
I like to use a vegetable chopper to speed up this process.
- Peel 4 cloves of garlic then place in ¼ cup container; refrigerate.
Strawberry Walnut Salad
- Thinly slice 1 red onion then place in 1 cup container; refrigerate.
Black Olive and Bell Pepper Pasta
- Slice 1 onion then place in 4 cup container; set aside.
- Slice 1 green pepper then add to the 4 cup container; set aside.
- Slice 1 red pepper then add to the green pepper in the 4 cup container; refrigerate.
Beef, Beans and Rice
- Dice 1 onion and add to 1 cup container; refrigerate.
Herb Lemon Roasted Cauliflower
- Cut cauliflower into florets then place in 6 cup container; refrigerate.
Tips and Tricks for the weekly meals to go flawlessly!
Always start by reading the recipe all the way through then read my tips. Doing this before you start will help prevent “surprises” along the way.
If I’ve posted it then I have eaten it and called it good. Also, I know that the portions should work because I have done it. No guess work here. Measuring out your portion might be new for you and still leave you hungry after the meal. This is normal and it will take your body time to adjust. Try these tips:
- Don’t miss your afternoon snack because being ravenous at dinner time will lead to over eating.
- Drink 8 ounces of water before you begin your meal and after you end your meal.
- Eat a salad or raw vegetables with your meal.
- Eat a piece of fruit after a meal like an apple, pear, orange, etc. This will subside the hunger and it’s good for you.
- Wait 1 hour after your meal and if you are still hungry make some pop corn.
Follow recipe as directed. Enjoy!
Be sure to set aside 8 ounces of chicken, 3.5 cups of salad and 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette for Tuesday night’s dinner.
Serve with a side salad. Enjoy!
**Be sure to set aside 2.5 cups of pasta for dinner on Wednesday night.
Divide amongst 2 plates. Enjoy!
Warm the pasta and serve with side salad. Enjoy!
- Once the cauliflower is in the oven then start the beef beans and rice dish.
- I like to eat 1/2 cup of the cauliflower as a “salad” verses at the same time as the beef and beans. Enjoy!
**Be sure to set aside 2.5 cups of rice for dinner on Saturday night.
Follow recipe as directed. Enjoy!
**There will be leftovers from this dish and they make a great lunch!
Warm rice mixture and cauliflower. Enjoy!