Green Pepper and Onion Egg Burrito is also wonderful as a quesadilla. I never get tired of eggs. I like them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Eggs used to be low cost but times are changing and they are no longer as budget friendly as they once were.
Cost Per Serving $4.49 as of September 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $17.97. .
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $13.09.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.27.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Stove Top & Oven
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 wrap and 1/4 of roasted potatoes
Equipment needed: 1 sheet pan & frying pan
Total time: 40 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will have a savings of about $4.88.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $4.88 as of September 2022
olive oil $2.88
garlic powder $1.00
onion powder $1.00
Total: $13.09 as of September 2022
1 green pepper $0.78
1 bag potatoes $3.67
1 onion $0.60
6 eggs $1.20
1/2 gallon milk $1.76
1 can green chili and tomato 14.5 oz $0.88
1 package wheat tortillas $1.98
1 bag Mexican cheese $2.22
|1/8 cup milk|
|1 can green chili and tomatoes, drained 14.5 oz|
|1 green pepper|
|1 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1 teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 cup Mexican cheese|
|4 wheat tortillas|
|4 small potatoes|
|3 teaspoons olive oil, divided|
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Complete prep from the prep tab above.
- Roast potatoes for 10 minutes stir, then roast for additional 10 minutes. Potatoes will be done once they are fork tender.
- Once the potatoes are 5 minutes from being done start the onions and the peppers.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan, sauté onion and green pepper.
- Once the onions are soft add tomatoes and green chili’s until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the eggs and stir until scrambled. Add ½ cup of Mexican cheese.
- Assemble the burritos:
- Take ¼ of the egg mixture and add to the center of each wrap.
- Roll tightly.
- Add ¼ of potatoes on the side. Serve with salsa. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 2
Fruit such as apples, oranges, pineapple, grapes, etc.