I never get tired of eggs. I’m not sure why but I like them fried, boiled, scrambled, etc. I also like them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This recipe is great as a burrito or quesadilla.
Stove Top & Oven
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $17.97 as of September 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $13.09.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 wrap
Equipment needed: 1 sheet pan & frying pan
Total time: 40 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will have a savings of about $4.88.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $4.88 as of September 2022
olive oil $2.88
garlic powder $1.00
onion powder $1.00
Total: $13.09 as of September 2022
1 green pepper $0.78
1 bag potatoes $3.67
1 onion $0.60
6 eggs $1.20
1/2 gallon milk $1.76
1 can green chili and tomato 14.5 oz $0.88
1 package wheat tortillas $1.98
1 bag Mexican cheese $2.22
|1/8 cup milk|
|1 can green chili and tomatoes, drained 14.5 oz|
|1 green pepper|
|1 teaspoon salt, divided|
|1 teaspoon black pepper, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 cup Mexican cheese|
|4 wheat tortillas|
|4 small potatoes|
|3 teaspoons olive oil, divided|
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- Roast potatoes for 10 minutes stir, then roast for additional 10 minutes. Potatoes will be done once they are fork tender.
- Once the potatoes are 5 minutes from being done start the onions and the peppers.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a frying pan, sauté onion and green pepper.
- Once the onions are soft add tomatoes and green chili’s until liquid is absorbed.
- Add the eggs and stir until scrambled. Add ½ cup of Mexican cheese.
- Assemble the burritos:
- Take ¼ of the egg mixture and add to the center of each wrap.
- Roll tightly.
- Add ¼ of potatoes on the side. Serve with salsa. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 2 – Family of 4