Zucchini and Mushroom Frittata is great for a meatless Friday. Often times I don’t look at what vegetables this recipe calls for or quantities. If I am at the end of a week and have leftover vegetables I will make a frittata. Sometimes I roast the vegetables instead of sautéing them.
Cost Per Serving $4.58 as of July 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $18.31..
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $10.27.
- Cost per serving reduces to $2.58.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Stove Top & Oven Baked
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of pan
Equipment needed: 10″ Frying Pan
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you saved about $8.04.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $8.04 as of July 2022
dijon mustard $1.12
ground mustard $1.94
dried oregano $1.00
Total: $10.27 as of July 2022
1 onion $0.40
1 zucchini $0.81
8 oz mushrooms $1.98
1/2 dozen eggs $1.75
1/2 gallon milk $1.72
1 block pepper jack cheese $2.00
1 loaf bread $1.57
|1 medium onion|
|1 medium zucchini|
|1 cup mushrooms|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 tablespoon butter|
|1/3 cup milk|
|1 teaspoon dijon mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon ground mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese|
|2 slices of bread|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a 10″ skillet.
- Sauté onion, zucchini and mushroom until soft. Remove from heat.
- When oven is pre-heated add the eggs over the vegetables, spread cheese evenly over the top, then add the bread crumbs evenly over the cheese.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the eggs are set. Let the dish rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 1
Fruit such as apples, oranges, grapes, pineapple, cantaloup, etc.