Chicken Pesto Pasta is a wonderful meal full of fun noodles and the bold flavor of pesto. There is something truly addicting about the combination of pesto and lemon. I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2020 Annual Recipes Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving $4.11 as of August 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.45.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $12.57.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.14.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 cup
Equipment needed: 1 deep skillet
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save about $3.88.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.88 as of August 2022
lemon pepper $1.00
olive oil $2.88
Total: $12.57 as of August 2022
1 pound chicken thigs $5.13
1 can chicken broth 14.5 oz $0.67
1 lemon $0.78
16 oz box spiral pasta $0.92
1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets $0.95
1 bag frozen peas $0.84
1 jar pesto $3.28
|1 pound boneless chicken thighs|
|1 teaspoon lemon pepper|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|1 can reduced sodium chicken brtoh|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 cup spiral pasta|
|2 cups fresh broccoli florets|
|1 cup forzen peas|
|1/3 cup pesto|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan then sauté chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add chicken broth mixture to pan and bring to a boil stirring in browned bits. Add 1 cup uncooked pasta, reduce heat to a simmer and place a lid on the pan for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli and peas and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $70 – Menu 2