I love weeknight meals that are quick, satisfying, and packed full of vegetables and nutrients. This pasta dish checks all of those boxes.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.78 as of September 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $14.78.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 1.5 cups
Equipment needed: Pot, Deep Skillet
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
There is a savings of about $2.00 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $2.00 as of September 2022
chili powder $1.00
Italian seasoning $1.00
Total: $14.78 as of September 2022
1 pound Italian turkey sausage $6.49
1 onion $0.60
1 green pepper $0.89
1 garlic bulb $0.54
8 oz mushrooms $1.98
1 box garden rotini $0.92
1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz $1.36
1 block mozzarella cheese 8 oz $2.00
|1 pound italian turkey sausage|
|1 large onion|
|1 large green pepper|
|sliced mushrooms 8 oz|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz|
|1 teaspoon italian seasoning|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|Garden Rotini 16 oz|
|1/2 cup mozzarella cheese|
- Bring pot of water to boil and cook 1 pound of pasta to package directions.
- Place skillet on medium heat and add turkey sausage along with green pepper mixture then sauté until meat is fully cooked (165°) breaking turkey into small pieces.
- Drain then add garlic to the skillet for 1 minute.
- Stir in 28 ounces of tomatoes with seasonings and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce and top with cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 3 – Family of 4