Turkey Sausage with Pasta is a quick week night meal that is full of vegetables and nutrients. You can add or substitute a variety of vegetables in this dish. I often change the vegetables to what I have in the refrigerator that needs to be used up.
Cost Per Serving $2.80 as of September 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.78.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $14.78.
- The cost per serving is reduced to $2.46.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 1.5 cups
Equipment needed: Pot, Deep Skillet
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
There is a savings of about $2.00 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $2.00 as of September 2022
chili powder $1.00
Italian seasoning $1.00
Total: $14.78 as of September 2022
1 pound Italian turkey sausage $6.49
1 onion $0.60
1 green pepper $0.89
1 garlic bulb $0.54
8 oz mushrooms $1.98
1 box garden rotini $0.92
1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz $1.36
1 block mozzarella cheese 8 oz $2.00
|1 pound italian turkey sausage|
|1 large onion|
|1 large green pepper|
|sliced mushrooms 8 oz|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz|
|1 teaspoon italian seasoning|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|Garden Rotini 16 oz|
|1/2 cup mozzarella cheese|
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Bring pot of water to boil and cook 1 pound of pasta to package directions.
- Place skillet on medium heat and add turkey sausage along with green pepper mixture then sauté until meat is fully cooked (165°) breaking turkey into small pieces.
- Drain then add garlic to the skillet for 1 minute.
- Stir in 28 ounces of tomatoes with seasonings and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce and top with cheese. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 3