One Pot Lasagna is great for satisfying my lasagna craving when I don’t have time to make lasagna. I like to add extra spice by adding hot pepper flakes to the sausage when it is browning. If you don’t like as much spice then buy mild sausage and don’t add red pepper flakes.
Cost Per Serving is about $3.18 as of August 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $25.47.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $22.13.
- Cost per serving reduces to about $2.77
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 8
Serving size: 1 ~ 1/4 cup
Equipment needed: Pot
Total time: 30 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
There is a savings of about $3.34 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.34 as of August 2022
italian seasoning $1.00
parsley flakes $1.00
red pepper flakes $1.34
Total: $22.13 as of August 2022
1 garlic bulb $0.54
1 pound mushrooms $1.98
1 zucchini $0.81
2 onions $0.80
1 pound spicy turkey sausage $6.49
1 bag whole wheat egg noodles $1.73
1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz $1.18
1 can tomato sauce 8 oz $0.44
1 ricotta cheese 15 oz $2.48
1 tub parmesan cheese $3.68
1 block mozzarella cheese 8 oz $2.00
|1 pound turkey sausage|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2 cups onions|
|1 pint mushrooms|
|2 garlic cloves|
|1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz|
|8 oz tomato sauce|
|4 cups egg noodles|
|2 cups water|
|1 cup zucchini|
|1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning|
|1 cup ricotta cheese|
|4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese|
|2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes|
|1 cup mozzarella cheese|
- Complete prep from the prep tab above
- Sauté sausage breaking into pieces, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if using), onion and mushrooms until sausage is cooked. Drain if needed.
- Add garlic for 1 minute then add:
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium – low; cover for 8 – 10 minutes until noodles are tender. Stirring every 2 minutes.
- Drop ricotta mixture by the tablespoons scattered over the noodles. Sprinkle dish with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and continue to cook until cheese is melted 2 – 4 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 2