Turkey Mac and Cheese is a wonderful comfort meal on a cold winter day. This recipe is not healthy for you but it is delicious and a great way to use up leftover turkey. I like to make this recipe after Thanksgiving and freeze it. I am usually tired of turkey after a couple of times of eating it.
Cost Per Serving is about $7.81 as of September 2023
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $31.24.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $14.28.
- Cost per serving reduces to about $3.57
I am assuming you have salt, pepper and leftover turkey and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 1 ~ 1/4 cup
Equipment needed: Large Pot, Small Pot, Sheet Pan and Oven Safe Bakeware
Total time: 1 Hour
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $16.96 as of September 2023
Olive Oil $5.49
Unsalted Butter $3.99
Total: $14.28 as of September 2023
1 garlic bulb $0.67
1 pound mushrooms $1.99
1 red onion $1.25
1 jalapeno $0.25
3/4 cup turkey, chopped $0.00
1 pound elbow macaroni $1.25
2% milk $1.89
2 Bocks Cheddar Gruyere Cheese $6.98
|2 teaspoon, olive oil|
|1 pound mushroom|
|1 red onion, sliced|
|3 cloves garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|3/4 cup turkey, chopped|
|1/2 pound, elbow noodles|
|2 cups, 2% milk|
|1/2 stick unsalted butter|
|1/4 cup flour|
|2 Blocks Cheddar Gruyere Cheese|
|1/4 teaspoon nutmeg|
- Complete prep from the prep tab above
- Preheat oven to 450° and roast vegetables for 10 minutes, stir then continue to bake for 5 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook 1/2 pound pasta to package directions.
- Place 2 cups of milk in a small pot and set on low. Be sure not to let it boil.
- In a medium pot add 1/2 cup unsalted butter until melted.
- Stir 1/4 cup of flour into the butter and cook for 2 minutes
- Add milk while stirring into the butter and flour until thickened.
- Remove the milk from heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
- Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste
- Remove the paper from the garlic
- Chop up the roasted vegetables and garlic
- Stir the roasted vegetables, chopped turkey and macaroni into the cheese mixture
- Place the elbow macaroni mixture into a oven safe dish
- Preheat oven to 375° and bake mixture for 30 minutes
Cool completely then place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour uncovered. Then cover with tin foil followed by plastic wrap.
Baking from frozen: Preheat oven to 375° F, remove plastic wrap leaving the tin foil in place. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for 15 more minutes. Temperature should read at least 165° in center.
This recipe can also be found in Winning Recipes for Turkey Leftovers