Dinners for the week - About $58.20
Grocery List - Store brand (Metro Detroit)
Prep the week!
I like to gather my storage containers before I start my prep. I love the look of the table with all of the containers and as I make progress the containers disappear leaving me with a sense of accomplishment and encouragement to keep going. This picture is an example of one of my prep weeks.
Storage containers needed:
I like to use a sticky note or paper with a piece of tape to label my prep containers with the name of the meals.
- ¼ cup; garlic
- 4 cups; green beans (Side)
- 2 cups; red pepper and onion (South of the Border Stuffed Peppers)
- 2 cups; green pepper and onion (Teriyaki Veggie Wraps)
- ¼ cup; green onion (South of the Border Stuffed Peppers)
Let’s start prepping!
I like to use a vegetable chopper to speed up this process.
- Peel 10 cloves of garlic then place in ¼ cup container; refrigerate.
- Wash and trim 1 pound of green beans then place in a 4 cup container; refrigerate.
South of the Border Stuffed Peppers
- Wash and chop 1 red pepper then place in a 1 cup container; set aside.
- Chop 1 small onion (1/2 cup) then place in a 1 cup container with red onion; refrigerate.
- Wash and chop 3 green onions then place in a 1/4 cup container; refrigerate
Teriyaki Veggie Wraps
- Wash and thinly slice 1 green pepper then place in a 2 cup container; set aside.
- Slice 1 small onion (1/2 cup) and place in the container with the sliced green pepper; refrigerate.
Tips and Tricks for the weekly meals to go flawlessly!
Always start by reading the recipe all the way through then read my tips. Doing this before you start will help prevent “surprises” along the way.
If I’ve posted it then I have eaten it and called it good. Also, I know that the portions should work because I have done it. No guess work here. Measuring out your portion might be new for you and still leave you hungry after the meal. This is normal and it will take your body time to adjust. Try these tips:
- Don’t miss your afternoon snack because being ravenous at dinner time will lead to over eating.
- Drink 8 ounces of water before you begin your meal and after you end your meal.
- Eat a salad or raw vegetables with your meal.
- Eat a piece of fruit after a meal like an apple, pear, orange, etc. This will subside the hunger and it’s good for you.
- Wait 1 hour after your meal and if you are still hungry make some pop corn.
- Before you start the Saucy Tarragon Chicken preheat oven to 425° F
- Get out a sheet pan
- Add green beans to the sheet pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper mix well then set aside.
- Start the chicken recipe
- Once the oven is preheated add the green beans for 10 minutes then stir and cook for additional 10 minutes. The beans should be crisp tender.
- Serve the beans with chicken, sauce and noodles. Enjoy!
Be sure to set aside 2 chicken breasts, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/2 the green beans and 1.5 cups of noodles Tuesday night’s dinner.
You can cook roast 4 potatoes if you do not want to cook on Wednesday. Be sure to save 1/2 of the roasted potatoes for your leftover meal.
I like to roast the potatoes the same night even if they are being served with leftovers to give the meal a little crisp texture.
- Before you start the peppers wash then dice 2 potatoes.
- Add potatoes to a sheet pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper then mix well; set aside.
- Start the pepper recipe.
- Add the potatoes to the oven at the same time as the peppers. They will be cooked when they are fork tender.
- Serve the peppers with the potatoes. Enjoy!
**Be sure to set aside 4 pepper halves for dinner on Wednesday night.
- Warm the chicken, sauce, noodles and green beans. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Wash then dice 2 potatoes.
- Add potatoes to a sheet pan with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper then mix well
- Bake for 10 minutes stir then bake for additional 10 minutes. Potatoes will be done cooking when they are fork tender.
- Warm pepper halves and serve with potatoes. Enjoy!
- Before you start the pork recipe wash 4 potatoes and slice in half
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water add 1/4 teaspoon of salt then place on the stove on medium heat.
- Start the pork
- If your potatoes are fork tender after 15 minutes then remove them and keep warm but save the cooking water for the corn. If they are not quite done then add 2 cups of corn with the potatoes and continue to cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- I like to use a strainer and separate the corn from potatoes. Enjoy!
**Be sure to set aside 4 potato halves, 6 slices of pork, 1/4 cup of sauce, and 1 cup of corn for dinner on Saturday night.
- Place salad in a bowl and serve with the veggie wraps. Enjoy!
- Warm potatoes, pork, sauce and corn. Enjoy!