I like to cook this dish for date night. For some reason I have always found something fancy about cooked whole garlic. I love cooking with wine because I enjoy the flavor it adds. If you don’t like wine then don’t cook with it because you won’t like the dish.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Cookbook but it can also be found online.
If you have ZERO ingredients and cooking with wine then this recipe will cost about $32.42 as of December 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $27.42.
If you have ZERO ingredients and cooking with broth then this recipe will cost about $23.42 as of December 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $18.42.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 4 oz chicken and 1/6 of pasta
- I usually use a 1/4 cup and split among 6 plates or containers until I run out of pasta.
Equipment needed: 1 skillet, pasta pot and large serving bowl
Total time: 30~40 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. A fully stocked pantry will give you a savings of about $5.00.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $5.00 as of December 2022
olive oil $2.88
Total with WINE: $27.42 as of December 2022
Total with BROTH: $18.42 as of December 2022
1.5 pounds chicken breast $8.05
1 box angel hair pasta $0.98
1 garlic clove $0.67
White Wine $10.00
14.5 oz Chicken Broth $1.00
**No need to buy if cooking with wine
2 lemons $1.08
parmesan reggiano $3.68
fresh parsley $0.98
fresh thyme $1.98
|1.5 pounds chicken|
|1.5 teaspoons salt|
|1.5 teaspoons pepper|
|1/2 cup flour|
|12 oz angel hair pasta|
|3 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|12 garlic cloves or 1/4 cup|
|1~ 1/2 cups white wine or broth|
|2 tablespoon lemon juice|
|3/4 cup grated parmesan reggiano|
|1/3 cup parsley|
|1 tablespoon fresh thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper|
|lemon wedges (optional)|
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Heat 12″ fry pan over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken 3~4 minutes per side until chicken reaches 165°. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile add 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic to 12″ fry pan over medium heat. Cook until garlic is lightly browned about 1 minute.
- Stir in 1.5 cups of wine or broth to the pan loosening up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by 1/2.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for 2 more minutes and turn off heat.
- Remove 1/2 cup of pasta water; set aside. Drain the remainder of the pasta water.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl and add:
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Stir well. Add reserved pasta water to reach desired sauce thickness.
- Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 7 – Family of 4