I have made this recipe with a variety of different ground meats and it always turns out. It makes a lot so if I am not feeding a crowed, I will freeze the sauce in freezer bags for a quick weeknight meal.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $15.11 as of November 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $11.99.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 8
Equipment needed: Pot, Deep Skillet
Total time: 30 ~ 40 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
There is a savings of about $3.12 if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.12 as of November 2022
Italian seasoning $1.00
Total: $11.99 as of November 2022
1 onion $0.60
8 oz mushrooms $1.98
1 garlic bulb $0.67
1 pound ground turkey $4.34
1 pound spaghetti noodles $0.92
1 can crushed tomato 28 oz $1.36
1 can diced tomatoes 28 oz $1.36
1 can tomato paste 6 oz $.76
|1 tomato sauce 28 oz|
|1 diced tomatoes 28 oz|
|1 tomato paste 6 oz|
|8 ounces mushrooms|
|1 pound ground turkey|
|1 pound spaghetti noodles|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper|
|1 tablespoon Italian seasoning|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
- Fill pot full of water and turn it on to boil.
- Add the ground turkey to a deep pan with:
- chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook until the meat is 165°F crumbling turkey into small pieces.
- Drain if needed, then add the garlic and cook for 1 -2 minutes.
- tomato sauce 28 oz
- diced tomatoes 28 oz
- tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes
- Cook the the noodles once sauce has been simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Menu 6 – Family of 4