This chicken recipe is great as a meal or as the base for other meals such as chicken noodle soup, enchiladas, stuffed potatoes, really any dish that calls for shredded chicken.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $10.46 as of May 2022.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 6
Serving size: 1 cup
Equipment needed: 1 Crockpot
Total time: 5 – 6 hours
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Total: $10.46 as of May 2022
1 - whole chicken $7.37
1 - medium onion $0.62
1 - celery stalk $1.97
1 - bulb of garlic $0.50
1 – onion
1 – celery stick
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 – garlic cloves
1 cup of water
- Add the salt and pepper to the inside and outside of the chicken
- Add onion, celery and garlic cloves to the inside of the chicken.
- Add 1 cup water and chicken to the crockpot
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours
- Remove chicken from the bones. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 4 – Family of 4