You can season Crock Pot Whole Chicken however you want to fit the dish you are making. This chicken is great for making chicken noodle soup, enchiladas, stuffed potatoes, chicken salad, etc.
Check out some of our homemade seasonings for different crock pot whole chicken ideas.
Cost Per Serving $2.09 as of May 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $10.46.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 5
Serving size: 4 ounces
Equipment needed: 1 Crockpot
Total time: 5 – 6 hours
I like the manual control of the crockpot versus the digital ones with delayed start and timers. We have a lot of power glitches at our house and a digital crockpot will turn off instead continuing to cook when the power shuts off for a few seconds and turns back on.
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Total: $10.46 as of May 2022
1 - whole chicken $7.37
1 - medium onion $0.62
1 - celery stalk $1.97
1 - bulb of garlic $0.50
1 – onion
1 – celery stick
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 – garlic cloves
1 cup of water
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above.
- Add the salt and pepper to the inside and outside of the chicken
- Add onion, celery and garlic cloves to the inside of the chicken.
- Add 1 cup water and chicken to the crockpot
- Cook on low for 5 – 6 hours
- Remove chicken from the bones.
- Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the cooking liquid back over the shredded chicken to keep it moist. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $70 – Menu 4