If you are at home for lunch but are going to have a busy afternoon this is the perfect recipe to stick in the crock pot and know you have a delicious dinner ready and waiting for you.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $18.56 as of October 2022.
- If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $15.59.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: 4 oz chicken & 1 potato
Equipment needed: 1 Crock-Pot and kitchen scale
Total time: 4 -5 hours
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. There is about $2.97 savings if you have a stocked pantry.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $2.97 as of October 2022
onion powder $1.00
ranch or blue cheese dressing $1.97
Total: $15.59 as of October 2022
1 pound boneless chicken breasts $9.05
1 bag potatoes $3.28
1 jar franks red sauce $3.26
|1 pound chicken|
|1/2 cup franks red hot|
|1 teaspoons garlic powder|
|4 sweet potatoes or regular potatoes|
- Place potatoes stacked one on top of the other to one side of the crock pot.
- Add the chicken to the other side of the crock pot. Be sure to get all of the hot sauce from the bowl over the chicken.
- Turn the crock pot on low for 4 – 5 hours.
- Serve chicken on top of the potato with more hot sauce or dressing if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 3 – Family of 2