I love dishes with a lot of vegetables. This recipe is very filling and satisfying. It has just the right amount of heat with sweet that leaves your taste buds satisfied. I honestly don’t miss the meat at all.
Stove Top & Oven
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $17.02 as of April 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $8.32
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Equipment needed: 1 sheet pan and 1 pot for vegetables.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a fully stocked pantry you will have a savings of about $8.70.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $8.70 as of April 2022
chili powder $0.98
ground cumin $0.98
ground coriander $3.97
olive oil 17 oz. $2.77
Total: $8.32 as of April 2022
1 onion $0.62
1 garlic bulb $0.48
4 medium sweet potatoes $3.12
1 medium green pepper $0.78
1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz $0.72
1 can black beans 14.5 oz $0.72
1 bag frozen corn 12 oz $0.72
1 sour cream 8 oz $1.16
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 medium green pepper, chopped (1 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz, undrained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup frozen corn
½ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place tin foil on rack in the oven then add potatoes. Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until fork tender turning once after 20 minutes.
- I like to add tin foil under the wire rack and place the potatoes right on the rack. This will make a little mess on the rack.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil then sauté green peppers, onions and spices for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic clove for 1 minute then add the tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low then simmer uncovered, for 20 min.
- Stir in corn and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and distribute chili vegetables evenly.
- Add sour cream to the top if desired.
This recipe can also be found in Menu 2 – Family of 4