Ravioli with Roasted Frozen Vegetables is a quick meal and can be made with any type of ravioli. My favorite is mushroom ravioli but there are a lot of varieties out there. I prefer the ravioli in the refrigerator section versus frozen.
Have you ever roasted frozen vegetables? I’m not trying to trick you they are not as good as roasted fresh vegetables but I like them better than boiled or microwaved. Sometimes grocery money is tight and frozen vegetables are my go to. Frozen vegetables are picked and frozen at their peek freshness and are packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Cost Per Serving is about $4.17 as of April 2022
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $16.68.
If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $12.93.
- Cost per serving is reduced to about $3.23.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Stove Top & Oven
Recipe serves: 4
Equipment needed: 1 sheet pan, 1 pot for boiling water and 1 sauté pan
Cook time: 25 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $3.75 as of April 2022
italian seasoning $0.98
olive oil 17 oz. $2.77
Total: $12.93 as of April 2022
1 onion $0.62
1 garlic bulb $0.48
1 family size mozzarella cheese ravioli $6.42
1 grated parmesan cheese 8 oz $2.36
1 can italian diced tomatoes 14.5 oz $0.72
1 bag frozen stir-fry vegetables 20 oz $2.33
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
½ teaspoon italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 can italian diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion (1 cup)
1 family size of ravioli
- Complete the prep from the prep tab above
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the ravioli
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place in the cold oven. Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Add seasoned vegetables to the sheet pan and spread out evenly with a spatula. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Heat sauté pan with 1 tsp olive oil then add onions and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once onions are soft add the garlic for 1 minute then add the italian diced tomatoes.
- Put the sauté pan on low heat and stir every few minutes.
- Stir vegetables after 12 minutes and continue to roast for 8 minutes.
- When the vegetables are 4 minutes from being done add the pasta to the boiling water.
- After pasta is cooked top with tomatoes.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on the side. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 1