Who doesn’t love a great stir-fry? They are quick, flavorful and deliver when time is short. Stir-fry is a great gateway to create your own flavors with awesome ingredients. I started making stir-fry by following recipes and then modifying as I went to fit our tastes. At the end of the day a great stir-fry is vegetables, sauce and a starch. The variations are endless.
If you have zero ingredients then this recipe will cost about $14.49 as of June 2022.
- If you have a fully stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $4.23.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Equipment needed: Wok or deep frying pan and a large pot for rice or a rice cooker
Cook time: 15 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
Pantry & Spices
Total: $10.26 as of June 2022
corn starch $1.72
seasoned vegetable base $3.97
**Better than Bouillon
soy sauce $1.58
canola oil $2.99
Total: $4.23 as of June 2022
frozen mixed vegetables 20 oz $2.33
garlic bulb $0.50
1 onion $0.62
rice 16 oz $0.78
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon seasoned vegetable base (better than bouillon)|
|1 cup water|
|1/4 cup reduced soy sauce|
|20 oz frozen stir fry|
|1 medium onion|
|2 garlic cloves|
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|2 cups cooked rice|
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan and heat up the pan
- Add the onion for 2-3 minutes
- Add the garlic for 1 minute
- Add the frozen vegetables for 4-6 minutes until they are tender
- Add the sauce and let cook for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce
- Add the rice; mix together. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Extreme Menu 5 – Family of 4