Pineapple Stir-Fry is a great change of pace from traditional vegetable only stir-fry. I started making stir-fry by following recipes and then modifying as I went to fit our tastes. At the end of the day a great stir-fry is vegetables, sauce and a starch. The variations are endless.
Who doesn’t love a great stir-fry? They are quick, flavorful and deliver when time is short. Stir-fry is a great gateway to create your own flavors with awesome ingredients.
Cost Per Serving $5.06 as of April 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $20.23. .
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost about $11.36.
- Cost per serving reduces to $2.84.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Equipment needed: Wok or deep frying pan and a large pot for pasta
Marinade time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you saved about $8.87.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $8.87 as of April 2022
brown sugar 32 oz $1.62
reduced soy sauce 15 fl oz $1.58
olive oil 17 oz. $2.77
cayenne pepper $1.66
cornstarch 16 oz $1.24
Total: $11.36 as of April 2022
unsweetened pineapple juice 8 oz $1.78
vegetable broth 14.5 oz $0.67
1 pound carrots $0.98
1 onion $0.67
1 large green pepper $0.78
1 large red pepper $1.38
shelled edamame 10 oz $2.64
pineapple tidbits 8 oz $0.98
whole wheat spaghetti 16 oz $1.48
You can also use rice.
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce|
|1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice|
|1/8 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth|
|1 tablespoons cornstarch|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|2 large carrots sliced|
|1 small onion sliced|
|1 large green pepper sliced|
|1 large red pepper sliced|
|10 ounces edamame|
|3/4 cup pineapple tidbits|
|8 ounces of uncooked spaghetti OR 2 cups of cooked rice|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- While the vegetables are marinating put on a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Measure 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits and set aside in a prep bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan or wok
- Drain the carrot and onion in a colander. Shake off additional marinade then add to pan with hot oil. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook to package instructions.
- Drain the pepper mixture in a colander. Shake off additional marinade then add to the pan. Sauté for 3- 4 minutes.
- Stir in the pineapple and remainder of the sauce and cook for 4 to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the pasta to the vegetables. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 2 under $45 – Menu 4