Lemon Garlic Grilled Shrimp is super quick to cook. I like to grill vegetables first before I put on the shrimp because the shrimp grill so quickly. You can use metal or wooden skewers but I prefer to use a grill pan because there is no messing with skewers.
The recipe is served with pasta but you can easily substitute that out for rice.
Cost Per Serving $4.56 as of May 2023
Fish is more expensive than other meats so the cost per serving is a lot higher. It is not really a budget friendly protein.
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $18.22.
If you have a stocked pantry this dish will cost you about $13.43.
- Cost per serving reduces to $3.36.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Recipe serves: 4
Serving size: Split the dish onto 4 plates evenly.
Equipment needed: grill, grill pan or skewers
Total time: 15 minutes
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry you will save about $4.79.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $4.79 as of May 2023
olive oil $4.79
Total: $13.43 as of May 2023
1 lemon $0.79
1 garlic bulb $0.67
fresh flat leaf parsley $0.99
10 oz shrimp $8.99
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|3 garlic cloves|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined|
|8 oz spaghetti|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley|
- Complete prep from the prep tab above.
- Place marinade over shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Start a pot of water to boil
- Preheat grill to 350° – 375°
- Once water is boiling and grill is preheated skewer the shrimp.
- Cook pasta to package directions
- Cook shrimp 4 – 6 minutes per side covered.
- Drian pasta, add parsley and shrimp to pasta. Enjoy!
Try some of our other fish recipes: Fish-Seafood