Crock Pot Pepper Steak is tender and melts in your mouth . I make this dish for large winter and summer gatherings. I like to eat this beef with rice, noodles, or as a sandwich. If it is just for Andrew and I, then I will turn the leftover beef and peppers into a soup and freeze the rice for a later use.
I originally found this recipe in my Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2014 Annual Recipes Cookbook.
Cost Per Serving $2.24 as of December 2022
If you have ZERO ingredients then this recipe will cost about $26.93.
If you have a stocked pantry this recipe will cost you about $19.33.
- Cost per serving reduces to $1.61.
I am assuming you have salt and pepper and do not add it into the recipe total cost.
Crock~Pot & Rice Maker
Recipe serves: 12
Serving size: 2/3 cup rice and 3 oz beef
Equipment needed: Rice maker and Crock~Pot
Total time: 6 ~ 8 hours
Let's grocery shop!
I am assuming you have salt and pepper. It is not included in pantry and spices. If you have a stocked pantry it will save you about $7.60.
Pantry & Spices
Total: $7.60 as of December 2022
ground ginger $1.94
soy sauce $1.58
Total: $19.33 as of December 2022
3 pound round roast $14.06
1 onion $0.78
1 green pepper $0.82
1 red pepper $1.38
1 garlic bulb $0.67
16 oz bag rice $1.62
|1 beef roast 3 ibs|
|1 green pepper|
|1 red pepper|
|4 garlic cloves|
|1 cup water|
|1/3 cup cornstarch|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons sugar|
|2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|8 cups cooked rice|
- Complete prep from prep tab above.
- Place beef in crock ~ pot on top of the vegetables and cook on low for 6 ~ 8 hours. I like to salt and pepper my beef (about 1 teaspoon of each)
- 30 minutes before you are ready to serve make 4 cups uncooked rice (8 cups cooked)
- As rice is cooking remove roast and vegetables from the crock ~ pot on to a sheet pan to rest.
- Place juices from the crock ~ pot in a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Stir in the the slurry until combined and continue to stir for 4 ~ 6 minutes until the gravy is thickened.
- Serve the gravy with roast and rice. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be found in Weekly Dinners for 4 under $100 – Menu 7
Vegetables such as Carrots, green beans, brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc.